Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just grab'em in the...


Tonight was the first night I made homemade biscuits... As a chef, I've never made bread or anything like that, well other than frozen puff pastry. Actually I  made bread ONCE and it came out perfect... I called em Cafeteria Rolls, so big and fluffy. Not like the yeast bread you see every where else.  Oh and when I was in Home Economics with Vernon, but I had put too much egg wash on it and had a hard crust. er... so I walk into the living room and my mom was there and said "You need to make biscuits." So I got all the ingredients and my mums gave me her recipe that was handed down from her mums. So there I was, mixing and talking with my mums about how she had to wake up every morning to make biscuits for her dad. And said to me "I'm sick of making biscuits." Then said something about that there should be no reason now to make homemade biscuits at home. WELL SAID. So 20 mins later the were ready. They came out hella good. I was pretty proud of myself. I mean, yeah making biscuits is really nothing, but being able to learn this recipe and talk with my mums, made it worth while... 

Any orders?

No comments:

Post a Comment